Friday, January 28, 2011

Potty Trained!!!

WAAAHOOO!!!
I have tried to start potty training Julien MANY times...bought him the cool Woody Buzz undies, got him his own little potty, offered every kind of junk food there is, and let him run around diaperless but nothing seemed to work! Every time I would try and put him on the potty he would FREAK! He would scream and kick and cry like he was completely terrified. I started all this when he was about 2 so we have been bringing it up every month or so for about a year hoping he would all the sudden one day think it was cool. Then all of his buddies started getting potty trained so I thought for sure he would want to be cool like them and go on the potty....nope couldn't care less! I was beginning to have visions of him going off to school in diapers! Then, one day all of the sudden it was like he was a whole new man! I noticed he needed to go to the bathroom so I said to him that he needed to go on the potty or else it wouldn't come out and for some reason he said OK and ran over to the potty and sat down like it was no big deal! I couldn't't believe it! Since then he has pretty much been potty trained! He has had very few accidents and always runs up to me telling me he has to go potty, I don't even need to ask him! He still wears a diaper to bed because he still sleeps in a crib (he still hasn't attempted to climb out of it so I am locking him up in there for as long as possible!) but that's fine with me! I don't have to worry about any accidents in the night or washing any bedding. He does leave his undies on for nap time and has done perfect! I am such a HUGE believer in waiting to potty train until the kid is ready it has been so easy! I am so proud of him! What a big boy!

1 comments:

Hogg Family said...

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!! How exciting!! Look at our little boys being all grown up big brothers now! =)