Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Miracles Can Happen

KAI HAS BEEN HEALTHY FOR 6 WEEKS!


I can't even tell you how amazing that is!  He has been chronically sick for a year and a half and now he is healthy!  After many doctors, surgeries and every test possible I finally decided to take him to a homeopathic doctor.  I was pretty hesitant about the whole thing and didn't expect much but I was desperate!  After Kai's first visit I found out that poor little Kai has parasites and is allergic to wheat, soy, dairy, canola,  yeast and corn...so basically everything that he has been eating everyday!  I left the office feeling completely overwhelmed and still a little skeptical...how could this lady know what was wrong so fast when so many doctors for some reason never mentioned any of that?  But I realized that I have tried everything else and had been praying so hard that I would be able to help Kai and that we would be able to find someone to help him.  And this was our answer.  The very next day I started all of Kai's new medicines (seven) and completely changed his diet to take out everything that he is allergic to and within one week he was healthy!  He has been such a different kid...he is SO much happier and eats so much better now.  The new diet is super expensive and I have a hard time coming up with new things that he can eat but he never complains!  If he every whines for cookies or sees something that someone else has I just tell him, Sorry Kai that will hurt your tummy.  He says, Ya tummy and stops whining. He is such a good boy!  We are giving him to drops for his allergies and we are hopeful they will help him grow out of at least some of them...we will see!





1 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so happy things are working!! What a blessing! Well done Dana, because it is probably the hardest on you! I hated it when Abi was not able to eat what other kids were eating! Way to stick with it! And of course, he is so adorable! Love you and miss you Kai!!