Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Julien!!!

I can't believe Julien is 2!!! Crazy!

The whole day was filled with excitement! The day began at 6am when we were awaken by the VERY loud hurricane/tsunami warning sirens. After watching the news and learning about the 8.8 earthquake in Chile and the tsunami that was supposed to be headed our way we hurried and rushed to the store to buy water, gas and other emergency supplies. The stores were completely filled with people and shelves were already empty...people were freaking out! We would have been there for hours but just as we were getting in the very back of the line they announced they were opening a new check stand and starting a new line. I took off running and ended up being 3rd in line. I felt bad for the people who had already been standing in line for hours but didn't want to be spending all day at the store on Julien's birthday so I quickly got over it. We went home and waited for the supposedly HUGE tsunami to hit. They closed all the beaches and evacuated a lot of people. My parents who were visiting were completely bummed they couldn't go to the beach. After sitting around and waiting for a huge tsunami we were all a little disappointed when nothing really happened. We were glad that no one got hurt but they had built this thing up so big that it was kind of a let down when nothing happened. My parents had been hoping that the wave would take out the airport so they would be able to stay a little longer but no such luck. For Julien's birthday this year we decided to have an Elmo party because Elmo is one of his obsessions. We had some friends over for a bbq/pool party and had a lot of fun! I think Julien was very pleased with his birthday!


Before friends came over Julien opened all of his presents from family. He would open something and just say "wow!"

I am so glad my parents got to be here this year for his birthday!


Julien's Elmo Cake
What a cutie!



Julien showing off all his new toys to his friends
Happy 2nd Birthday! I was so impressed that Julien knew he was supposed to blow out the candle after we sang to him...it was so cute!

Paul, Nancy and Abi were at the party and then left at about 6:30 because Nancy was not feeling well...we then get a call at 8:30 that Nancy had the baby at 8:00!!! Oh my gosh! Fastest labor ever! We ended that day at the hospital meeting our new little niece Bethany. What a crazy but wonderful day!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

It WAS a crazy day, but one we will never forget!! Happy Birthday Ju Ju and Bethany!
By the way, I am still so impressed with the cake! You did an awsome job!

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Wow, happy birthday Julien and congrats Paul and Nancy. Sorry the tsunami wasn't anything impressive. That would have been pretty cool to see... from a distance of course.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Oh this is Mardy that is commenting. Just incase you were wondering who that Charlotte person was.

Julie said...

Awe! So cute! I can't believe how much of a big boy he is already! Time goes by way too fast! And that cake is SO CUTE! Awesome job. And Dana, you are just glowing in all the pictures!

Karli Palmer said...

That cake looks amazing!! I can't believe he is 2 either! Wow! Looked like a fun little birthday party! And I'm glad the tsunami didn't pulverize the island. I was a little worried for you guys when i heard about it.

So do Bethany and Julien share the same birthday then?
And yeah, that was a very quick labor!

Anonymous said...

love the cake!!! And his face when he sees the Elmo doll. What a handsome boy! Happy bday Julien:)